Based in downtown Seattle, this is a superb opportunity within a large, globally recognized brand media publisher that boasts rich content and a highly engaged audience. The ideal candidate will bring strong online knowledge and experience, but most importantly a highly driven analytical approach.
The Media Specialist will play a key role within the small to medium sized business (SMB) team, which will deliver best-in-class digital media services for SMB advertisers. Advertiser base will span from inexperienced direct businesses, to more established and experienced clients and agencies.
The Media Specialist will consult with inside sales representatives pre-sale and leverages their extensive product expertise to develop proposals that will meet the client marketing goals. The Media Specialist is responsible for executing, optimizing and up-selling digital campaigns that cross display and search.
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive client engagement and consult clients to ensure they achieve optimal results against their goals by improving eCPM, ROI, click through, conversion rates and other key KPIs through a variety of mechanisms including display performance optimization, bid & budget management, creative development & optimization, and real-world testing. The goal is to set clients up for success from an education, performance and revenue perspective while growing the book of business.
Responsibilities and required skills:
- Have a deep understanding of online marketing, specifically display media and paid search
- Ability to analyze client objectives, media buying cycles, product / service update schedules, marketing philosophy, target demographics, etc.
- Consult with Inside Sales representative on customer needs to develop a compelling advertising media proposal
- Understand how digital marketing products will assist the account in reaching their marketing goals
- Professionally manage end to end advertising campaigns:
- Accountable for the successful launch and execution of advertising campaigns
- Effectively monitor day-to-day management of accounts through proactive client engagement and campaign management
- Maximize and add value for the client by identifying optimization recommendations and additional revenue generating opportunities
- Clear communication of account status, progress, opportunities, and insights during client calls and in email communications
- Grow account revenue through optimizations, upsell/cross sell and renewal opportunities
- Deliver on industry-leading SLAs for campaign management activities
- Billing issue resolution and revenue reconciliation
- Engage directly with clients to receive, test and implement advertiser creative
- Investigate and resolve delivery/performance issues and advise management as to revenue risk
- Drive resolution of escalated client technical issues
- Ensure quality by enforcing editorial and creative acceptance policies and procedures
- Build an established network of internal contacts (product, marketing, analytics, sales, billing etc.) that help enable the account team to be more efficient, respond to client requests or to drive larger organizational initiatives
- Serve as primary point of contact for ongoing business development
- Actively identify ways to streamline processes, become more efficient and scalable as well as help foster innovation and thought leadership in tool and process development
- Review and provide feedback on new processes, product, and tool releases that will improve operational efficiencies
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, build ongoing relationships, and create solutions
- 2+ years of proven sales or sales support service experience
- 3+ years online advertising experience preferred
- 2+ year of experience working with Display advertising/publishing preferred
- Knowledge of display advertising solutions from Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo! And Google
- Knowledge of advertising networks
- Must haves:
- Strong sales and customer service experience
- Proven quantitative and analytical experience
- Data entry and data manipulation skills
- Drive for results, problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products especially Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation abilities or experience