Based in downtown Seattle, this is a superb sales opportunity within a large, globally recognized brand media publisher that boasts rich content and a highly engaged audience. The ideal candidate will bring strong online knowledge and interactive experience, but most importantly a highly driven and competitive sales approach.
The Account Executive will play a key role in our small to medium sized business (SMB) team, which will deliver best-in-class digital media services for SMB advertisers. Advertiser base will span from inexperienced direct businesses, to more established and experienced clients and agencies.
This team specializes in growth. The ideal candidate should be an expert in recognizing the needs of our clients and responding to agency proposals. Strong presentational skills and ability to discuss media plans over the phone is an important skill needed, as most sales activity will take place over the phone.
The Account Executive will be the primary sales contact for a portfolio of direct and agency advertisers. The primary responsibility will be to develop and respond to leads and proposal requests, source new client prospects and deliver strategic sales presentations to attract new business while adding value to clients by demonstrating how digital advertising, specifically display, can help them reach their advertising goals.
Responsibilities and required skills:
- On-boarding net-new business through selling online advertising solutions to a portfolio of direct clients or agencies
- Build and deliver scaled presentations on advertising capabilities to address identified customer business needs
- Growing the business’ client book and total revenue by:
- Calling on qualified leads, prospecting various online/off-line resources, growing existing accounts within a fluctuating book of business
- Validate new inbound lead and create an on-boarding strategy with them
- Incubating advertisers that constitute the best opportunities for the business and future growth
- Building, retaining and expanding customer relationships using marketing, telephone, email and other inside-based means.
- Contacting accounts proactively to identify and qualify new opportunities and prospect to identify new advertisers for both interactive display and pay per click search offerings
- Consult on all aspects of the advertising value chain: research, planning/audience definition, pricing and understanding the ROI of clients
- Work directly with account management team of media specialists to achieve client goals
- Manage a number of tasks and projects simultaneously with little management intervention
- Question effectively to reveal broader and deeper information
- Communicate effectively by telephone and face-to-face at all levels internally and within the client’s organization
- Prioritize accounts effectively to get best ROI for the business
- Cold calling new prospects using other, non-traditional forms of media such as TV/Newspapers as lead lists
- Manage day-to-day relationships with direct advertisers and agencies
Education and experience:
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, build ongoing relationships, and create solutions
- Proven experience of successful prospecting and outbound cold calling
- 2+ years of proven sales or sales support service experience
- 2+ years online advertising experience preferred
- Experience working with display advertising
- Knowledge of display advertising solutions from Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo! and Google
- Knowledge of advertising networks
- Must haves:
- Strong sales and customer service experience
- Telephone selling techniques, experience cold calling and prospecting an advantage
- Drive for results, hitting targets and customer excellence
- Experience with Microsoft Office products especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to push our products against our competitors using data and factual evidence to close deals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation abilities or experience
- Experience in online advertising. Display advertising experience would be preferred
- Experience working in a B2B environment
- Proven track record of working with, meeting & exceeding revenue and productivity quotas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required