Director, Digital Media
The Role: As an expert in digital media, The Director, Digital Media (DDM) will work closely with the VP, Digital Integration, to manage a team of digital professionals and develop digital marketing strategies that exceed client goals. As a key member of the agency, you will be instrumental in driving our continued transformation to become a premier digital agency with a national reputation for innovation at the intersection of technology and marketing communications.
Core and Cross-Agency Accountabilities
- Develop integrated marketing campaign strategies to maximize client ROI across SEM (SEO and Paid Search) Display, Native, Digital Video/Radio, Mobile, Email, SMS, and Beacon technology.
- Manage and continue to build a team of digital professionals to execute on client strategies on time and within budget.
- Work closely with project managers to move projects efficiently through the agency.
- Clearly articulate campaign performance reports relative to KPIs, projections and historical campaign performance.
- Experience with DSPs and Ad Networks.
- Integrate with social media, traditional media, and interactive departments on campaign strategies.
- Inform on improving creative execution and performance across digital channels.
- Present digital media strategies, plans and reports to clients.
- Analyze and review digital performance in order to dictate future campaign strategies and optimizations.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the ongoing department operations.
- Develop campaign measurement plans and benchmarks to monitor and communicate campaign performance.
- Responsible for setting and reporting on key performance indicators and establishing ROI measurements
- Manage a portfolio of agency partners in planning, execution and the reporting
- Drive a prioritized test and learn roadmap aimed at optimizing ROI
- Ensure the digital strategy and program execution is consistent with a cross media integrated marketing approach
- Develop segmented audience strategies based on consumer profiles and brand architypes.
- Analyze customer data, provide insights and recommendations on marketing initiatives
- Monitor and analyze effectiveness of media through funnel performance, site changes and website optimizations.
- Analyze cross-platform, cross-device and cross-channel digital media executions
- Communicating analysis, test results and resulting recommendations to clients through presentations and client calls.
- Use audience segmentation tools to better understand, quantify and optimize customer targeting
- Articulate campaign insights and recommendations to team members and clients with varying levels of digital expertise
- Help develop and set business requirements for enhanced digital reporting dashboards.
- Develop visualizations into campaign performance relative to KPIs, projections and historical campaign performance.
- Collaborate with interactive developers to implement data collection tags and analytics tools.
- Be an expert in the industry, understand new developments, and create expansion roadmap, working with cross functional teams to develop relevant marketing campaign strategies.
- Drive continued innovation, regularly sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent subject matter
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including 7+ years of digital marketing experience.
- Background in a marketing agency preferred
- Hands on experience developing and executing digital marketing programs from the ground up
- Superior innovation abilities
- Experience with tag management is required.
- Expertise in Google Analytics UTM tracking
- Strong strategic and operational experience and perspective
- Ability to manage a team and to lead cross-company efforts
- Strong strategic planning and implementation skills
- Expert time-management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to an often-changing and rapid-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work in a highly creative and multi-faceted environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- A high degree of analytical thinking, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to identify, prioritize and pursue opportunities comes naturally
- Experienced managing and scaling media budgets
- Expert channel management and partner management skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical skills, and forecasting/budgeting background
- Ability to influence others and lead cross functional teams
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in managing multiple, competing priorities, duties, and projects
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in marketing platforms: Google Analytics, Google Adwords (Paid Search and GDN), Bing, DCM, DSPs
- Other platform knowledge: Google Tag Manager, Webtrends, Yahoo, Amazon, various DSPs.
- Clear understanding of both B2C/B2B digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work effectively with 3rd party marketing vendors, contractors and colleagues.
- The candidate must have a clear understanding of the customer sales funnel, and drive strategies towards client goals as they relate to awareness, engagement and acquisition.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, written, verbal, presentation and project management skills highly desirable.
- Expert level experience working with Excel functions such as formulas, macros, etc.
- Experience working with SEO software such as Moz a plus.
- Statistical modeling experience is a plus.
The Brilliance Code
The Brilliance Code represents the individual and collective values that inform our culture, performance and relationships. We believe that by living the Brilliance Code, we are aligned on our journey and guided to a common destination.
Be passionate – show enthusiasm for your work through your actions and behaviors. Influence and lead others with a positive and optimistic attitude.
Be responsible – Be dependable and accept responsibility for your actions. Strive to be fiscally responsible on behalf of the company and its clients.
Be respectful - Be considerate of your colleagues, clients and vendors. Respect the ideas, work, time and unique contribution of others.
Be strategic - Embrace our vision to be a strategy-first agency. Continuously strive to think and work strategically before setting resources in motion. Be a goal-oriented problem solver
Be creative -Think creatively to inspire others, question the norm and drive toward new solutions. Contribute ideas to colleagues and clients, e.g. Brilliance 360 meetings